The PLOTS Archive
Welcome to the Public Laboratory's open data archive. To better fulfill our goal of producing new open-source data sets, this site serves as the repository of those sets online, and as a starting point for the discourse we hope they will spark.
Need help making a map?
Do you have a site in mind which you'd like to map? Looking for collaborators or just need some tips and advice?
- Join the mailing list -- it's full of people all over the world who are offer advice and support
- Contact Public Laboratory staff directly
- Read about balloon mapping and assemble your own kit
- Download the 5-page illustrated guide to balloon and kite mapping
When getting in touch, be sure to mention:
- the coordinates of the site
- context; what you'd like to use the data for
How to use this data
How can you leverage this data towards concrete outcomes? ...
- Publishing this data on your site, in an article or a paper
- Interpreting and annotating
- Advocacy and activism
- Legal framework